When storms hit, out of town contractors can show up with nothing but bad intentions to run with your insurance check. When filing an insurance claim to repair or replace your roof, take these steps to make sure you don’t get scammed.
- * Are they a Platinum Partner with Genesis Contractor Solutions?
- * Are they on the StormScamHelp.com preferred contractor list?
- * Are they a member of the BBB? What is their grade?
- * Do they have a local or state license? Ask for a copy.
- * Can they pull a permit for the work they are about to perform?
- * Are they part of a manufacturer-preferred contractor program?
- * Do they have insurance, bonding and carry Workers’ Compensation?
- * Ask for at least 5 customer referrals.
- * Check contract for Genesis Contractor Solutions name and verbiage.
- * Make sure material is being purchased and delivered by Genesis Contractor Solutions.
- * Ask to see estimated start time & completion.
Read about what’s happening in the Roofing and Insurance Industries